Friday, August 08, 2014

3D softwares

On my first day at the university, I faced hardship especially when it came to studying. the main Idea I had was that I had to understand it all as much as possible. When it came to Anatomy, i thought everything will vanish because all we had to do was to use anatomy atlas. I didn't like that idea. all I ever wanted was a modal that would help me understand more, manipulate stuffs like I used to without day to day expenses. I loved computer very much and I thought why not look for something inside it. I started searching for 3D programs for human anatomy. I had the following,

BioDigital Human. it is an online version of human anatomy. My interest was in the viewing of the parts of human being in a digital form and when I saw this, i was excited. it was free so I made use of it. Trouble arose when I had no internet connection, so I thought of something else.

I came across a program called Visible Body. It was expensive but as I was browsing around I came across a pirated copy of it. It was amazing and I used it for the whole semester. It motivated me and I had to share it with my colleagues but I didn't receive any feedback by then. That wasn't the case with me because it was a treasure to me. Though it was a pirated copy I wanted a licensed one to which it was expensive but promised one day I will have one and suggest it to many people who will be interested.

While using Visible body I came across 3D4Medical. It is a metro app in windows store. Had a huge discount so I had to buy it. It was amazing though lacking two systems which it wasn't a problem. I had to consult them and they promised that the remaining systems will be in the coming updates. It is a good app and I enjoyed it more because it was more than the copy I had for visible body.

From my observation i saw that there is a need for such programs for students. Utilizing such programs will enable many students to understand more in their study. Due to high costs and payment methods, it has led to obstacle. I would advise instructors to make use of this and even people who can afford to pay for them to use them. I believe they'll change much on our practices. Sponsors may be of good help if they would support their existence to many institutions i which students can't afford. that may help.




No comments:

Post a Comment